Senior Business Lawyer
Legal Service: Business Law
Phone: (03) 9580 8311
Fax: (03) 9587 1304
Andrew joined Richmond & Bennison in November, 2010. Andrew brings in excess of 20 years experience as a Commercial Lawyer from leading Melbourne and International law firms. Andrew was admitted to practice as a lawyer in 1989 after a previous career as a geologist for mining companies, including BHP. Andrew works from both our Melbourne and Mordialloc offices.
Andrew's particular areas of practice include:
Corporate - advising on:
- Corporations Act compliance;
- ASX Limited Listing Rules compliance; and
- Foreign Investment Rules compliance, for local and international listed public companies and Small Medium Enterprise's.
Commercial - advising on:
- Sale and Purchase of Businesses for retail, industrial, commercial and mining clients;
- Buy/Sell Agreements;
- Shareholder Agreements;
- Unit Holders Agreements;
- Joint Venture Agreements;
- Supply and Distribution Agreements;
- Trusts law, creation of trusts including custodial (bare) trusts for Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF) and sale of units, replacements of trustees, variation of trust deeds and distribution of property to beneficiaries or SMSFs;
- Terms and Conditions of trade including retention of title (Romalpa) clauses; and
- Personal Property Securities Act and the registration of security interests.
Commercial Property - advising on:
- Leasing for commercial, retail and industrial land.
- Preparing a Unit Holders Agreement to regulate investment in and ownership of a National Engineering Firm;
- Advising upon and preparing documentation for an International Distribution Agreement;
- Acting for Coles in the development/construction of new supermarkets involving Agreements to Lease with land owners;
- Acting for a Melbourne based IT company in its cross-border investments in an Irish business venture including advising on the transfer of business assets between jurisdictions;
- Advising on the restructure of a group of land investment companies including an application to the State Revenue Office for a private ruling relating to the "land-rich" stamp duty provisions of the Duties Act;
- Conducting a non-renounceable rights issue for an Australian listed public company to raise $1.5 million on the ASX and JSE (South Africa);
- Negotiating an exploration joint venture between an Australian exploration company and a London based exploration company concerning diamond projects in South Africa;
- Acting for a public finance company in a $50 million capital raising by the issue of secured notes (debentures) including due diligence and prospectus writing; and
- Acting for a cold storage goods tenant in its acquisition of cold storage tenancies throughout Victoria.