Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation since 1993
Phone: (03) 9670 0488
Fax: (03) 9670 6096
Timothy Finemore is the Managing Partner of Richmond and Bennison. He is also the Partner-In-Charge of our Commercial Law and Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Division. Timothy was admitted to practice as a lawyer in Victoria in 1977.
Under Timothy's guidance, the Firm has been involved in a number of notable and reported decisions impacting on a wide range of matters including personal injury, building contracts and property law.
Since 1993, Timothy has been an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation. Timothy's early years of practice concentrated on working on matters involving personal injuries. He has acted on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, primarily in transport and industrial accident claims.
Timothy's practice now centres on commercial law and commercial litigation and he acts for a number of private companies and individuals on a wide range of commercial matters.
Recent matters include:
- Successfully defending Supreme Court proceedings in relation to a guarantor's liability under a mortgage including misleading and deceptive conduct and estoppel.
- Successfully defending an application in the Supreme Court in relation to the admissibility of expert evidence in a compulsory land acquisition matter.
- Regularly providing advice in relation to Domestic Building disputes.
- Advising clients as part of a Supreme Court Class Action relating to Managed Investment Schemes and the significance of Product Disclosure Statements.
- Advising and negotiating settlement of a dispute in relation to share transfers and ownership of a private company.
- Successfully defending County Court proceedings (that were unsuccessfully appealed to the Victorian Court of Appeal) in relation to alleged breach of restraint of trade provisions under a sale of business contract.